Pizza Dough Ingredients
- ¾ cup plus 2 TBLSP flour ((Different flours will give you a different consistency due to the gluten content:
- Bread flour will be more elastic and yield a chewier crust.
- All purpose flour will be less elastic and give you a nice crust with a bit of chew and nice crispiness.
- 00 Italian pizza flour will be less chewy and crispier.
- You can experiment and mix different flours. I like about a half cup bread flour and ¼ cup 00.
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp instant dry yeast
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 TBLSP olive oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
Pizza Dough Preparation
- Whisk together flour, salt, yeast, sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add oil to water and pour onto dry ingredients.
- Mix together in bowl with rubber spatula until fully combined and nice dough ball forms (3-5 minutes).
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
Dough can rise at room temperature or in refrigerator for up to 48 hours. If refrigerating, make sure dough comes to room temperature before using. The longer the rise, the more the flavor develops.
White Pizza Topping Ingredients
- 4-5 ozs. Fontina cheese shredded
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ tsp each ground rosemary, oregano, thyme
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 TBLSP olive oil (more if needed)
- corn meal for transfer to stone
White Pizza Topping Instructions
- Mix together garlic, rosemary, oregano, thyme and red pepper with olive oil. Let this sit about an hour if possible.
- Preheat baking stone in oven at 500F for at least 30 and up to 60 minutes.
- Roll or press out dough on floured surface. Fold up the edges.
- Sprinkle corn meal on pizza peel and transfer dough to peel. Make sure it does not stick to peel.
- Spread oil/herb mixture over dough and top with shredded Fontina.
- Sprinkle with more oregano and red pepper if desired.
- Transfer to stone and bake until cheese begins to bubble and brown and crust begins to crisp (6-8 minutes).
- Remove from oven with peel.